April 19 2019
More Studio Time
With the router, I have scheduled my studio time optimally; drawing in the early day, and using the computer in the late evening.
Gaining 18 hours more studio work per week – without the internet delays I was encountering previously.
Finishing up the Mainstream Project
The mainstream project should be coming to a close by the end of May. I had eventually planned to study ‘idealized’ male characters, so that my comic presentation didn’t seem conspicuously lopsided ( ie,. Well drawn females, and poorly drawn males); so being in a position where that skill would apply, has resulted in gaining some templates that will broaden the cast of the LuridMax comics; and make the stories have more depth.
Mandarin characters to feature on the cover beneath the English. I may have the books translated to Mandarin, and offer both versions. [ I studied the language some – and have an expert translator willing to volunteer to translate it; I think it will be fun to see in two languages ]
I made a “Lurid Max” logo, that I am somewhat satisfied will go well as a layer ( like a watermark; but not meant to obfuscate the images) on the concept art. There is always room to redo, and improve. [ ideas such as using color pencils and paints]
Recent Studio Work
I have been developing concept art based on character templates I made; for my original characters. I am 80% through 3B pencil ( dark, shader, and precise mechanical pencil detail).
I made several logo variations. Began inking the 1st concept illustration.
I studied some covers, to add to the repertoire. Savage She Hulk #13, ( Milgrom) a dramatic pose, expression and gesture.
Rather than post the plethora of works in progress, I will post work that is at least completed in its stage ( ie. Completed pencilling, or inking ).
I found a folder full of colored variations on a 14 x 17 “ piece ( the proportions are thick – as opposed to svelte models ). There are some elements to the piece, worth incorporating into the repertoire of templates, and to reinterpret.
I created 2 pieces in the series of the Fastner and Larsen illustration ( in the Vintage comics, and original artwork section); that are in development (19 x 24 “ ) ; drawn out 85% complete as a tonal drawing template- featuring the blonde character in the illustration (with an attempt to match the style , expression, costume, and setting of the illustration ; in a sequence).
I began inking some unfinished work, from the Apocrypha, and tight pencilling some others, to prepare for inking.
[ Including a page from the 40 plus page Lady Death series, an as yet unpublished 14 x 17 sequence, 2 redrawn composition drawings, inked with crow quill ( dip pen, G nib, india ink) and tight pencilling an 8 x 11” page sequence featuring Madame Viper (Marvel, as appeared in Atlantis Attacks)]
I look forward to sharing the new developing work. Thanks for your interest and kind patronage!