April 11, 2019
The Sequence in the style of Aaron Lopresti and Ed Benes, contains several more images. I want to develop it: whether that is to redraw the entire series, and use characters relevant to my current comicbook world ( since they are really non-descript, for the most part, throughout the Apocrypha – aside from fan-art) or to ink the existing pencils, to be digitally colored.
I plan to grey tone the inked pages of the mainstream comic – beginning with some recent concept art. Once that is a familiar task, I may grey tone pieces from the apocrypha, or move on to color.
There is a technique I am interested in trying – as I noticed Bud root’s work on the Cavewoman covers. After studying one, ( reproduction style drawing) I saw the watercolors, and inks. I am considering trying to use the tracing light, on my original drawing, to create an outline of the main shapes, on watercolor paper, of an inked original; and using raster layers to combine the two.
Red Dragon 3, and 5 arrived in the mail the other day – they are scarce pre-code comics, that I saw in a search, and found on auction. One features a Scheherezade story mentioned on the cover. I was unable to find any database with a scan of the interior. Usually I don’t scan the interior page by page – to preserve the condition ( since there is almost always a readily available digital version); but after checking repeatedly, I found none. At the very least, I may photo the pages ( not flattening them); depending on the condition.
The mainstream comic team is pleased with my concept art, and I am nearly ready to apply it to the layouts, and ‘finish’ the 6 pages; inking; then grey toning. With the many character designs I made, I had in mind my own pre-code horror GGA comicbook characters; so any characters designs that don’t get used are fair game for any of my stories here.